Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Carbon monoxide Detector Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the datasheet, Do you think that if i need to measure the CO and not the methane, I just need to apply the low heater voltage and not both of them ????

Please i need your suggestions ...

The datasheet is for a different sensor than the one you have. So everyone is only guessing about yours.

I found ont MQ307A :) :)

Do you think that if i need to measure the CO and not the methane, I just need to apply the low heater voltage and not both of them ????

Please i need your suggestions ...

The datasheet for the newer MQ307A shows how to set its heater to measure CO and methane, but it doesn't say anything about your older sensor.

You should be using a modern sensor and have a datasheet and application notes for it. It would explain if you need to swich the heater voltage high and low and explain why. It would have cautions about exposure to the deadly gas. It would explain if its accuracy is affected by some of the many other elements in an engine's exhaust including its temperature. It would show how to calibrate it.

You are working in the Dark Ages.

I am working now on the MQ307A
Is it necessarily to apply high (30sec) and heater 120sec??? even if i m interested just in the CO testings ?

fingaz said:
I 'assumed' that testing in a well ventilated area (eg OUTSIDE) would be just like standing next to a car while its engine is running (since he is using an engine exhaust to provide the CO)
Obviously.

Sorry I wasn't on the same wavelenght, I was thinking you meant open a few windows.:D

pouchito said:
So Nobody Knows :( :( :( :( :( :(
Use a sensor from a manufacturer who writes enough information about it in your language for you to use it. Or learn Chinese.

HEY, I now have the data sheet (in full) for the MQ307A sensor, which I have attached. Hope this helps you to understand how the sensor works, and how to connect it.

Attachments

• MQ-7 technical info.zip
    122.5 KB · Views: 298
  • MQ307A data sheet.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 501
Go to China and get the old datasheet for the old sensor you have, or go to China to get the new sensor for your new datasheet.

How are you going to calibrate it?

You just need to email hanwei and ask them to mail it to you. . . that's all I did. Go to their web site and the email link is there, just ask for the data sheet. It took 3 days for them to reply to me.

hwsensor@163.com

Last edited:
I emailed them last week and still no reply :'(
I asked for the MQ307 and not for the MQ307A .
the MQ307A is posted on the website while the MQ307 No :(
Anyway I was able to find the MQ307A but still need some documentaion on it :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back