Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Carbide drill bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyH42

Banned
Just got a sales flier from Harbor Freight, felt I should share...
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

50 assorted bits $9.99+$6.99 shipping. I've seen better deals, but this might be a good starter for somebody new to making PCB at home. I've only made one order from here, over a year ago, and they seem to have sales weekly. I bought 50 bits years ago, just before buying a drill press, figuring I'd break quite a few, but only 6 so far. Probably got a lifetime supply. Picked up a small assortment from a different site, and it came in handy a few months ago, needed to cut some small slots for an LCD, and it turned out I had a router bit. Hadn't expected it to cut so quick and easy, over shot it a little on the first slot I cut.

This is a good buy for someone starting out to get a bunch of bits and see what they need. I used to get a bunch of stuff from HF when I worked in the States, unfortunately they don't ship to Canada.

Just a note that these are not new, but are resharpened used bits, which is pretty common. I've never had a problem with resharpened bits myself.

Last edited:
I bought a decent metric set for about 25 bucks, but SAE might not be bad to have. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a used bit set if they were resharpened. Good as new as long as the previous user didn't anneal the bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back