Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Warranty Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

I forward my calls from work, my work phone is something I shouldn't have to worry about but somehow my phone # ended up in the hands of scam network. Really interesting I've never answered the calls just hung up for at least 3 to 4 years.

The calls began to increase from once every other week to at least 4 times a week, they say if you don't want to receive these calls hit 2 to be put on a do not call list. Wrong, when you do now I'm getting calls from people who see my number appear on their phone as the caller.

My number is now masked as solicitor I hadn't received any calls from them since I did that, but I have received calls from angry people thinking I'm them. Anyway, don't hit 2 just hang up. I googled and found this is a problem there is little you can do to stop them. The FCC in Nov apparently is allowing the providers to block phone numbers but I can't see a way out of the loop if their just going to mask your number providing secrecy of their own.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/stop-unwanted-calls-and-texts

Good luck, makes me want to just use a walkie talkie or ham radio. Breaker 1-9.

killivolt out.........

I use ZoneAlarm call blocking software. Its free and works a charm. After adding them to the block call list they can call all they want. It just hangs up on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back