Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car alarm - central locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cell

I have a alarm installed in my car, wich when activated outputs a ( negative 12v max current 100mA )

and just installed central locking, wich has two 12v negative inputs ( one for locking , and the other for unlocking )

I need to connect them togeter so when i activate the alarm the doors will lock automaticaly, and when i disactivate the doors will unlock ....

the bigest problem is that :
the central locking only needs a 1second puls to lock/unlock ....

u guess i need some 555timers and some relays....

please help
:(

no, its a peugeot 306, i also instaled the alarm like 2 years ago it has no extras, preety simple car

the problem is, that my alarm has only 1 output (-12v) , wich is designed to connect an LED and place it on the dushboard ( so that when it's armed the LED lights up , and when disarmed turns off. i'm trying to use that -12v signal to conect to the central locking, some how.... i need to build some sort of circuit wich will triger a 1second pulse when the -12v signal ( from the alarm ) is sent, and a 1sec pulse when the -12 signal is shut off...

please find attached drawing

Attachments

• Alarm to central.bmp
    316.2 KB · Views: 289
i need to build 2 Monostable circuits, but not sure if they will work, as i'm not going to give them pulses, but a fixed 12v ..... will it still work ? or the 12v supply needs to be shut off for the circuit to start the timing ??

:confused:

mpj111 said:
use interface relay between alarm and to centrl lock.

ok i need relay's but i cant give a continues 12v supply ! that will burn the central locking, i only need a -12v pulse of 1second .... understand ?
:eek:

Cell said:
ok i need relay's but i cant give a continues 12v supply ! that will burn the central locking, i only need a -12v pulse of 1second .... understand ?
:eek:

Your alarm should be able to vary the output time for any signal used. Doesn't your alarm work the same?

Doug

no,
i have a piranha alarm, and dose not have any output connection

in fact i'm going to use the ( -12v LED signal out ) wich is desiged to connect the warning LED. it turns on (-12v) as soon as i arm the alarm, and turns off (0v) when i disarm it.

when its turned on, it outputs a continuous -12v supply ..... and i need only a pulse of 1second not a continuous supply

is there some kind of timer that when trigered with a constant supply it outputs a short pulse ??

Now I see your problem. I would say buy a new alarm. By the time you're done buying relays or timers, etc, you've already exceeded the cost of a new alarm.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back