car alarm - central locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cell

I have a alarm installed in my car, wich when activated outputs a ( negative 12v max current 100mA )

and just installed central locking, wich has two 12v negative inputs ( one for locking , and the other for unlocking )

I need to connect them togeter so when i activate the alarm the doors will lock automaticaly, and when i disactivate the doors will unlock ....

the bigest problem is that :
the central locking only needs a 1second puls to lock/unlock ....

u guess i need some 555timers and some relays....

please help

no, its a peugeot 306, i also instaled the alarm like 2 years ago it has no extras, preety simple car

Go about it the same way I did my BMW. I believe BMW is 12+ but you get the idea. I'm not a 100% sure but Peugeot may even have a double lock feature. For the double lock feature, scroll down further. I used relays as well. Check out these sites...

**broken link removed**

http://www.understeer.com/doublelock.shtml

Doug

the problem is, that my alarm has only 1 output (-12v) , wich is designed to connect an LED and place it on the dushboard ( so that when it's armed the LED lights up , and when disarmed turns off. i'm trying to use that -12v signal to conect to the central locking, some how.... i need to build some sort of circuit wich will triger a 1second pulse when the -12v signal ( from the alarm ) is sent, and a 1sec pulse when the -12 signal is shut off...

please find attached drawing

Attachments

• Alarm to central.bmp
    316.2 KB · Views: 292
i need to build 2 Monostable circuits, but not sure if they will work, as i'm not going to give them pulses, but a fixed 12v ..... will it still work ? or the 12v supply needs to be shut off for the circuit to start the timing ??

mpj111 said:
use interface relay between alarm and to centrl lock.

ok i need relay's but i cant give a continues 12v supply ! that will burn the central locking, i only need a -12v pulse of 1second .... understand ?

Cell said:
ok i need relay's but i cant give a continues 12v supply ! that will burn the central locking, i only need a -12v pulse of 1second .... understand ?

Your alarm should be able to vary the output time for any signal used. Doesn't your alarm work the same?

Doug

no,
i have a piranha alarm, and dose not have any output connection

in fact i'm going to use the ( -12v LED signal out ) wich is desiged to connect the warning LED. it turns on (-12v) as soon as i arm the alarm, and turns off (0v) when i disarm it.

when its turned on, it outputs a continuous -12v supply ..... and i need only a pulse of 1second not a continuous supply

is there some kind of timer that when trigered with a constant supply it outputs a short pulse ??

Now I see your problem. I would say buy a new alarm. By the time you're done buying relays or timers, etc, you've already exceeded the cost of a new alarm.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…