Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capture infinite loop by consistently monitoring current consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bin Lu

I recently come up an idea to make IOT system debugging much easier. It is patent-able. Wondering if any of you are interested in working together to make it a good sale.

Here are more detailed info:
1. Measure current in 30nA resolution in real time. yet keep dynamic range in 30nA - 1A
2. Having 2 wires JTAG interface. so that it will record program running history and the registers when the IOT gets into an infinite loop by measuring the current change.

I have hardware prototype ready. about to start software development. My contact: lubinwang@yahoo.com
Attached please find the screen shot of schematic and layout design.

Best regards.

Bin

upload_2018-4-6_10-47-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-6_10-45-19.png
    upload_2018-4-6_10-45-19.png
    285.6 KB · Views: 177
What's wrong with a hardware watchdog?

As above - just put a ping out on a pin at regular intervals and monitor it with an external watchdog.

Even of this is a great idea, this "piblic presentation" has probably invalidated any ability to patent the idea on many countries, and started a 1 year timer in the US.

Say you spent the $6k or more it costs to get a patent in the US - that protects you in the US only. If you want protection elsewhere, every country requires a patent.

So what's a patent do for you? Say a company offers a product with your super duper idea in it. There arw no patent police to call. A patient gives you the right to pursue legal action. You would have to laywer up and file a law suit to get action. He who can afford the most laywers wins.

Sorry for this harsh reality check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back