Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitors in Parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

I need some .22uf caps, but I cant find any from local stores. Therefore, I wanted to know that If you place two 0.1uf caps in parallel, it should double the capacitance. Will this work?

Parallel like this:

---[=0=0=]----

the 0 indicates a 0.1uf cap.
the - indicates a wire/live line
the [ and ] indicate a wire split
the = indicate two seprate live lines

Lol i just noticed that, and I tested the parallel caps on my awesome multimeter, and it displayed .207uf. Perfect.

Yeah, I should use google more often, but I set electro tech online as my homepage, and its so tempting.

the .22uf caps are for farfalle, which is coming along great!:D :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: OMG! I searched capacitors in parallel and a bunch of perfect sites popped up...

EDIT 2: Mis-spelled popped up, added a extra o to create, well you know...

Don't make schematics with text.
Find them in Google and copy and paste them into Microsoft Paint program like this:

EDIT: corrected

Attachments

• series and parallel.PNG
    series and parallel.PNG
    1.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
i use microsoft word for my circuit diagrams:D :D :D

I downloaded DIPtrace and its nice. I think I will use it.

word has drawing functions.

Oh, well I guess that would be easy! Im goning to try it actually...

I wouldn't. It would be a waste of time. Word isn't very good for drawing. Those functions are there just for simple emphasis on text, as well as simplistic diagrams.

i downloaded the "symbols" and i just use word to put them together

You can produce simple GIF drawings using 'Paint' in the Windows Programs/Accessories, also there are many freebie dwg programs available.

A picture is worth a thousand words [or symbols in this case].

just to give an example, i put this together with word. i'ts not very complex but...... i just get the symbols and move them into place:D Marx Generator.PNG

Word is crap for drawings, use Visio or Correl Draw or OpenOffice.org draw.

I often use Crocadile Clips and LTSpice for quick stuff to as both run under Wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back