Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor Shorting

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock:

How did you guys manage to capture such an instance of time.... It would require an enormus trial and error to press the shutter in time to capture a flash... CCD cameras are no good at it...

Really let us know how you captured such an instance... :D

lord loh. said:
How did you guys manage to capture such an instance of time.... It would require an enormus trial and error to press the shutter in time to capture a flash... CCD cameras are no good at it...

Really let us know how you captured such an instance... :D

How about taking the picture in the dark?, with the shutter open - the light from the flash will expose the film (like taking shots of lightning).

With a digital camera, where you can't set the shutter open, you may be able to set it for a long shutter time and do the same?.

The stills could also be taken from a video camera?.

Yup I would say a video camera from a digi camera, look at the resolution

I usually darken the room to photograph a spark, this gives me a slow shutter speed, around 1/8th second usually. Its quite easy to hit the shutter at the same time this way.

**broken link removed**

I wouldn't say that all CCDs are slow either. I presume that digital cameras use the same thing you speak of? Mine works at 1/2000th of a second. Look at this 18" fan on full speed, slightly translucent blades, but thats mostly because of the reflective chrome behind it. Sounds like a small airplane on this speed setting :lol:

**broken link removed**

I actually just counted down and had my brother take a picture on one with a coolpix 885. Amazingly it worked quite well. The exposure and such did not really need to be modified much from the defaults. I will try the dark trick today and post some more pictures :D. Nice pictures you guys :D. I might try lighting a little bit of gasoline too. It is definitely able to light a match.

ps: I've got all of these pictures at a much higher resolution if any of you want them.

Attachments

• dscn0419.jpg
    dscn0419.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 550
  • dscn0431.jpg
    dscn0431.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 539
I used an webcam to do my pics.

The good thing wen using an webcam is that you can look at the sparks fly around in slow motion.

I still have videos of it on my harddrive.(If anyone wants to see it i can upload it.)

Try to short your caps acros an pice of thin wire or thin foil.If its thin enugh the wire will explode.Dont have anything flamabe around becose the sparks may fly evryware.(Also dosent feal good if they hit you)

CCD cameras can take instant pictures.

Hoverer the shutter button has two states. One is a light touch - you have to depress the button half way. Then the camera usually gives indications. The CCDs are charged and ready for instant action. Then the moment you depress it full, the image is captured instantly.

If you are not ready with the half way press, then the image is captured after a delay. In a birthday photograph I had snapped, the subject had already eaten the cake while I wanted to capture the instance when the subject was being fed the cake.

CMOS cameras are faster and more expensive in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back