Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor in series AND parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltz

How do I calculate the capacitive value if there is a capacitor in series with 2 capacitors in parallel

Attachments

• Capacitor.png
    Capacitor.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 206
Caps in series are like resistors in parallel. Caps in parallel are like resistors in series. Sounds strange huh?

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

You calculate the value for C2 and C3 in parallel. Then use the calculated value in series with C1.

This gives 66 2/3 µF :D

Aw, you told him the answer.

Aw, you told him the answer.
Yes, but he still have to calculate it and find out how.

Or no actually. I cannot say providing any number is really the answer. A real answer would being to tell the whole process (formula) to get to that number.

That's what I thought, (calculate the capacitance value of the two in parallel and then use that with the one in series)
Ran that through the calculator and I got 66.6u

Kind of like Crut did when he said do the parallel ones first then the series ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back