Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNXdreamin

Okay, i'm attempting to identify a capacitor value, so i can replace it. It looks almost like a miniatre resistor, but it's not. It has 5 color bands around it, the colors are (in order) brown, black, red, silver, siilver. Like i said before, it's shaped like a traditional resistor. Comes off a PCB out of a '96 Chrysler Town and Country instrument cluster. The spot on the board is labeled C2, so i know it's a capacitor. The resistors are labeled with the letter R followed by a number. I need to replace that capacitor, and i'm having trouble locating one that looks like mine. If someone could identify it, and perhaps give an appropriate replacement that i could use, i'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

You may have something older than my current reference, but a decoder I found on the web says it is .02pf 10% ± 500 ppm/°C temperature coefficient.
Per my reference:
First band= Black or silver indicating industry or military
First digit 0
Second digit 2
Multiplier .01
Tolerance 10%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back