Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor Discharge Project Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sceadwian said:
It pretty much means you have to get a HAM license if you want to do stuff like that, because having a license allows you legal access to different bands for different uses.

well that would appear to be my bad. Here in the US there is an unlicensed band that anyone can use for things as long as it is under certain power restraints.

D.

Capacitor discharge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have built a capacitive discharge system for my electronic firing system and I have (9) 200vdc 220uf capacitors that charge up from the power supply.

I am needing to use a resister to slowly drain the capacitors once power is turned off. I am using Dale aluminum RH-560 50W 1.5 ohm on my power supply to generate the 200vdc power load.

I would like to use (1) resister to slowly drain all (9) separate power lines, these are individual power lines but I would like to slowly drain all of them with one resister.

What do you recommend, and do you have a diagram that can be put to use?

Attachments

• power panel.JPG
    power panel.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 189
Actually cadstar, unlicensend bands don't give you a legal right to create devices which use that band. The hardware you're using is still illegal because you don't have a license and the hardware hasn't been FCC certified. If the device was FCC certified or you have a HAM license it becomes legal.

hfireworks, please don't cross post in other people's threads, what for responces in the thread you originally created.

lol, didn't catch that, it was the posting the same message in more than one place that's a 'nono' I was refering to though. It's impossible to keep responces straight and the information current if the same key question is asked in more than one spot. Don't forget it is possible to both edit and delete posts you've made

Last edited:
Sceadwian said:
lol, didn't catch that, it was the posting the same message in more than one place that's a 'nono' I was refering to though. It's impossible to keep responces straight and the information current if the same key question is asked in more than one spot. Don't forget it is possible to both edit and delete posts you've made

I posted a new topic then went back into an old topic that had wandered. My responses are comming from my new thread.

Well as the origion creator of this thread I'm not too happy about this. Whether intentional or not you have violated the rules by draging this thread off topic.

Hero999 said:
Well as the origion creator of this thread I'm not too happy about this. Whether intentional or not you have violated the rules by draging this thread off topic.

err, am I missing something here? hfireworks posted this thread originally, your first response is about 8 or 9 posts in...

Hero999 said:

Ok: The thread is called Capacitor Discharge Project Fireworks.
Something seems very wrong with this forum, I originated this thread to get help in designing and getting professional opinions on building my power suppy which I have successfully done.

It seems that a few of the patrons of this site saw an oportuinity to drift off topic, because it just happens.

I really enjoyed the way the thread has developed but my questions about my Electronic firing system and power supply still have the right to be brought out in this thread.

If the Moderator wants to remove me from this website for doing what I am suppost to do then I will leave this site.

I move to another thread to start a discussion solely on the Discharge of Capacitors in a high voltage situation, and the response has been great, This forum has an lot of intelligent patrons and I am glad to be a part of it.

If I am wrong, I am sorry for the trouble I have caused this forum.

Last edited:
hfire, what's the problem here? There is a very simple and very good reason for not posting the same message in more than one place on the forums. If someone answers it here it isn't also answered in the other thread and vice versa which splits up any efforts other users might make to answer your question, it wastes other users time by not knowing of other possibly informative additions in the other thread and wastes your time trying to explain things twice as you're inevitably going to start saying "But in the other thread so and so said..."
It's not really a 'right' or 'wrong' issue it's common sense. Don't split your efforts up on two fronts. Instead of copying the question verbatim from the new thread you posted you should have just posted a quick link to the new thread, that would keep the responces in their logical places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back