Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor Circuit to smooth out LED music controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sputnik516

I have a controller that makes LEDs (or anything else connected to it) flash to the music. However, when working, the LEDs go on and off. I wanted to build a capacitor circuit to make them fade out. The (+) output on the controller is a constant 12V and the (-) switches on and off. How would I build the circuit?

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The most basic way would be to put a capacitor in parallel with the LED and its resistor, but that will make the LED fade on and off, not just off (which I think is what you want).

There are a few ways to do this. If you post your schematic it will be much easier to help you, though. Post the circuit and we'll be better able to tell you what the simplest solution might be.

Good luck!

Torben

Thats basicly it. The 4 LED's in parallel need a resistor but seem to work fine without one. I can get the current drawn by all the lights if necessary (it's 2:20 am, not about to go outside with a multimeter), but I know it came with a 6 amp fuse.

Also, like I said before, the (-) of the controller output switches on and off, the (+) stays on.

Attachments

• Schematic 1.JPG
    Schematic 1.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back