Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitive Touch Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrWinston

I'm most definitely a newbie and know little to nothing about electronic circuits.

I'm looking for capacitive touch sensors that are adjustable. A sensor where I can adjust or specify the threshold of capacitance required to activate a switch.

For example, if my capacitance is measured at 100 and my five year old son's is measured at 50, I could set the threshold to 75 so it will only work when I touch it but not my son. Make sense?

Any and all help/info is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, they are not precise enough for that. For instance - if you take your shoes off, a capacitance switch will read about ten times higher than it does with your shoes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back