Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitance-Inductance meter without instruction manual. How I use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Nichols

I have bought a capacitance and inductance meter from a 2nd hand shop and there is not manual. So I don't know how to use it. I don't want to damage the device, so I have searched in the net and I have found some information about the mode 6243. My model is 6243+, so I attach some pictures and I hope you can explain it.
af93b4239b06467d270b15f24b7f1ed1.png

I have bought a capacitance and inductance meter from a 2nd hand shop and there is not manual. So I don't know how to use it.
Huh... Why did you buy one if you don't know what its for.... Its pretty self explanatory... place a capacitor or an inductor between the probes and it will tell you its value....

I have many meters I doubt I've ever looked at the manual on any of them....

Huh... Why did you buy one if you don't know what its for.... Its pretty self explanatory... place a capacitor or an inductor between the probes and it will tell you its value....

I have many meters I doubt I've ever looked at the manual on any of them....
Thanks for the answer. Maybe the doubt is where do I should connect the probes? The device has 4 connections and I have 2 probes. If I like to check inductance... Do I have to connect the probes in the LxCx (pair at the left) connections?

Thanks for the answer. Maybe the doubt is where do I should connect the probes? The device has 4 connections and I have 2 probes. If I like to check inductance... Do I have to connect the probes in the LxCx (pair at the left) connections?

Yes. A resistor or diode would connect across the other two jacks.

Do I have to connect the probes in the LxCx (pair at the left) connections?
Yes! Sorry if my post came across a bit arrogant! I meant no disrespect... Sometimes its easy to forget some members are very new to all this...

Keep in mind, the leads will affect your measurement, especially with inductors. Might I suggest you get yourself a Banana to BNC arraignment as shown in image. This will improve the accuracy of your measurements.

bjack1.jpg

Keep in mind, the leads will affect your measurement, especially with inductors. Might I suggest you get yourself a Banana to BNC arraignment as shown in image. This will improve the accuracy of your measurements.

View attachment 105367
Yes, I have checked that. I have made some measurements and my wires are long and I always get a lecture of 0.07. In both cases I get 0.07. I think it could be the wires. Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back