Capacitance-Inductance meter without instruction manual. How I use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Nichols

I have bought a capacitance and inductance meter from a 2nd hand shop and there is not manual. So I don't know how to use it. I don't want to damage the device, so I have searched in the net and I have found some information about the mode 6243. My model is 6243+, so I attach some pictures and I hope you can explain it.

I have bought a capacitance and inductance meter from a 2nd hand shop and there is not manual. So I don't know how to use it.
Huh... Why did you buy one if you don't know what its for.... Its pretty self explanatory... place a capacitor or an inductor between the probes and it will tell you its value....

I have many meters I doubt I've ever looked at the manual on any of them....

Thanks for the answer. Maybe the doubt is where do I should connect the probes? The device has 4 connections and I have 2 probes. If I like to check inductance... Do I have to connect the probes in the LxCx (pair at the left) connections?

Thanks for the answer. Maybe the doubt is where do I should connect the probes? The device has 4 connections and I have 2 probes. If I like to check inductance... Do I have to connect the probes in the LxCx (pair at the left) connections?

Yes. A resistor or diode would connect across the other two jacks.

Do I have to connect the probes in the LxCx (pair at the left) connections?
Yes! Sorry if my post came across a bit arrogant! I meant no disrespect... Sometimes its easy to forget some members are very new to all this...

Keep in mind, the leads will affect your measurement, especially with inductors. Might I suggest you get yourself a Banana to BNC arraignment as shown in image. This will improve the accuracy of your measurements.

Keep in mind, the leads will affect your measurement, especially with inductors. Might I suggest you get yourself a Banana to BNC arraignment as shown in image. This will improve the accuracy of your measurements.

View attachment 105367
Yes, I have checked that. I have made some measurements and my wires are long and I always get a lecture of 0.07. In both cases I get 0.07. I think it could be the wires. Not?

Yes, I have checked that. I have made some measurements and my wires are long and I always get a lecture of 0.07. In both cases I get 0.07. I think it could be the wires. Not?

what were you trying to measure ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…