Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you provide me a polarity-reversing diagram for colloidal silver maker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvm

Hi. I've shortly begun to learn electronics because of my interest in learning to produce the controversial colloidal silver. I've actually been making CS for some time without using a circuit but only a potentiometer to reduce the current from a 32v - 1a printer wall-adapter. Polarity reversal to balance the use of each electrode and to prevent oxidation/blackening on electrodes is tedious manually.

What I've been searching for on the web is a diagram of circuit for producing around 30 volts DC, 0.5 ma, and about 30 seconds of alternating polarity periods. Actually, it would be good if each of these three values (especially current and reversal time) were adjustable; for instance, 0 to 2 ma and 10 to 60 seconds, but for a beginning, I need to be able to build on a breadboard the diagram for the fixed values and then, I think, I can experiment with resistors, pots and capacitors to make it adjustable.

Currently, I don't have the knowledge to design the diagram I need. I'm just enthusiastic about following a ready diagram, building it on a breadboard and securing it in a box for use. But I couldn't find the specific diagram I need, something as simple as possible.

In the beginning of my web searches, it seemed that the circuit would need to use a 555 timer with a relay. Then, I read that an h-bridge without using a relay would be easier and better due to a relay's sound, potential quick wearing, etc.

I made a search on this website (and some others) for similar help requests for CS makers but couldn't find something specific or very similar to the one I seek. I'll be grateful if someone here can provide the diagram I seek.

Hi mvm,

Welcome to ETO.

Given the controversial nature of colloidal silver solutions you may have difficulty in getting help for such a product on this website.

Most members here would steer clear of that project.

Best wishes,
Inq

Thank you, Inq, for the explanation. I was perceiving this a bit but now I see that it is more serious than I thought. Although I believe that the "evil" that some institutions appear to try to associate with CS is "not innocent", this is not a suitable place to discuss this, I suppose, and no problem if I'll fail here to get the help I seek because of that.

Is Colloidal Silver Safe?
  • Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. The most common is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the skin, which is usually permanent.
  • Colloidal silver can also cause poor absorption of some drugs, such as certain antibiotics and thyroxine (used to treat thyroid deficiency).
  • The FDA also warned in 1999 that colloidal silver isn’t safe or effective for treating any disease or condition.
  • The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission have taken action against a number of companies for making misleading claims about colloidal silver products.

It looks like this:

Attachments

• colloidal silver.PNG
    colloidal silver.PNG
    327.1 KB · Views: 202
It looks like this:
My kids had a scholastic book in elementary school with a story about this guy. I can believe his life is still with him - because he is an idiot, not because he is blue. If his wife would leave him, he would really have the blues.

Last edited:
  • The FDA also warned in 1999 that colloidal silver isn’t safe or effective for treating any disease or condition

From https://www.practicalprepping.us/history.html

Look, if silver is embraced by NASA and the U.S. Army Military Academy at West Point - world leaders in technology and innovation, and highly experienced at keeping human beings alive and very well in extreme conditions - that's way more persuasive to me than anything the politically compromised FDA has to say!
Just have a look at the info on that page, which also mentions several scientific studies about the great potential of CS. There are many studies conducted in the last decade or so which show the effective/beneficial uses of colloidal silver. You can check that with a simple search in a few article databases. Of course, some studies mention the risk of argyria, in particular, and some others in the case of long term and extremely high amounts of exposure to colloidal silver, or rather, to silver "compounds".

It looks like this:
It is actually a well-known case/result of a "silver compound", rather than simply colloidal silver. The guy explains how he added salt to the solution to accelerate the prosess of electrolysis. And he also tells how he also applied the compound directly to his face, etc. A great majority of such cases are not actually a result of simple colloidal silver but silver compounds, that is, addition of other things into the process or very long term application of extreme amounts. The same can apply to many otherwise beneficial substances we use.

It is actually a well-known case/result of a "silver compound", rather than simply colloidal silver. The guy explains how he added salt to the solution to accelerate the prosess of electrolysis. And he also tells how he also applied the compound directly to his face, etc. A great majority of such cases are not actually a result of simple colloidal silver but silver compounds, that is, addition of other things into the process or very long term application of extreme amounts. The same can apply to many otherwise beneficial substances we use.
What is colloidal silver supposed to do metabolically? What micronutrient does it replace, or microbe does it kill, or enzyme action does it promote, or...?

...or is it just one of those things that makes one feel better - like petting an horse during horse therapy?

You can find loonies that support anything, particularly in America.

But these forums aren't here to discuss crazy pseudo science, if you want to do that then I'm sure there are plenty of forums out there to do so.
I didn't only refer to a "loony" but said that there are maaaany scientific studies indicating the beneficial uses of colloidal silver. Do you have ANY interest to check their existence?

I didn't come here to discuss colloidal silver but when I noticed that it was permissible to speak against it, I concluded that I might be tolerated to claim that there are many scientific studies suggesting that the Anti-CS Stand may be extremely biased and unscientific.

many scientific studies

Please point us to two references from a REAL journal. That is, a journal that has other professionals review the scientific merit of the article before it is published. And scientific professionals and journal that does not focus on fringe "science" - let's shoot for the Journal "Science", Nature, JAMA, or other top flight journal that covers biological processes and medicine.

PS - still waiting for answers to my questions in post 12.

Please point us to two references from a REAL journal. That is, a journal that has other professionals review the scientific merit of the article before it is published. And scientific professionals and journal that does not focus on fringe "science" - let's shoot for the Journal "Science", Nature, JAMA, or other top flight journal that covers biological processes and medicine.

PS - still waiting for answers to my questions in post 12.

Sorry, gophert, I don't think that I can satisfy you in the specific way you seem to lead. My stand about this discussion, which was not my intention when I came here, is that there are many scientific/clinical studies showing the beneficial uses of CS so many (abstract or full-article) of which can easily be found on the web in various study-publishing venues. Do you think these scientific/academic people who amply evidence such effective/beneficial uses have a plot against the good of humanity? And we're not even to question their intentions but their results and the sheer amount of such results! This should normally be enough to stop the dogmatic anti-CS ridicule and humiliation.

Let me refer to a video and an article from the same guy's website that provides certain answers to your questions in that message and (in the article) links to the relevant studies.

Short Video:

Article:

Please, also try: https://www.google.com/search?q="peer+reviewed"+"colloidal+silver"

The ionic-silver vs particle-silver (both are colloidal silver eventually) debate is a great one in this field. I don't necessarily agree with Dr. Axe's view on that but this is a completely different matter.

I now need to go to sleep. Greetings from Turkey!

Sorry, gophert, I don't think that I can satisfy you in the specific way you seem to lead. My stand about this discussion, which was not my intention when I came here, is that there are many scientific/clinical studies showing the beneficial uses of CS....
If this was true, then you would be able to fulfill gophert's request without a problem. The second sentence in this quote directly contradicts the first. You say there are scientific/clinical studies proving the benefits of CS. Gophert is asking to see copies of said scientific/clinical studies from a reputable source (which should provide real medical journal articles, not some pseudo-science-pushing quacks scattered around the internet).

Yes, I admit I may be personally biased in this matter, but my point is still valid. If you are confident that there are legitimate sources that prove that CS has proven medical benefits, then please present them. Legitimate sources being the key term.

Last edited:
My stand about this discussion, which was not my intention when I came here, is that there are many scientific/clinical studies showing the beneficial uses of CS so many (abstract or full-article) of which can easily be found on the web in various study-publishing venues.

Let me remind you that members here have looked up this topic and only found scientists, journals and government agencies that all claim CS is nonsense or worse. ou were the one who claimed...

Many scientists and academicians believe it will. There are many scientific studies about the beneficial uses of colloidal silver.
All I asked is, go to any one of the dozens of top flight medical journals and show us a positive biological effect and what those effects might be.
An opinion piece on YouTube isn't science. It isn't reviewed by scientific peers. I think you should show us a real article from a scientific expert at a research university, pharmaceutical company with registered products or a professional at a government lab. if you can't do that, I'd ask that you stop using this fine website as a soap-box to continue hocking your current incarnation of snake oil.

There are some really good scientists in Turkey - I know a gentleman who is a bio-inorganic chemist at Eti Mine Works in Ankara who can likely help you understand the concept of micronutrients. I look forward to reading the journal articles you point us to.

PS - don't spend your career being a hack. Spend the time to actually learn science and you will free yourself from scam-artists trying to relieve you from your money, your time and your reputation as a reasonable person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back