Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can we use zener diode as a rectifire"bridge circuit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, dunno. With no load I would expect the output to be close to the value you calculated. Maybe you've got a bad 1N5248B; you could try a different zener sim model.

Isn't a zener diode those little green tic tacs with two wires that I used to desolder out of old Western Electric Model 500 hand sets to use on my audio monstrosities to cut static?

Thanks dougy, but i still have those 13.5V, and can't see where are the other 3 or 3.3V

hi,
If you use LTspice, run this sim of the circuit.

Attachments

• ZenerFWB1.asc
    1.8 KB · Views: 334
Isn't a zener diode those little green tic tacs with two wires that I used to desolder out of old Western Electric Model 500 hand sets to use on my audio monstrosities to cut static?

Not specifically. One of those 'green tic tacs' may contain back-to-back zeners or parallel diodes (conducting in opposite directions) to reduce transients. Or it could just be a capacitor or a RC snubber.

Thanks,I tried with an 1N5253B (25V) and its clipped at 24.3V as espected. Really don't know what happened with the other diode. By the way it's Multisim what i'm using.

Anyway, I understood what colin55 was talking about and his point, and it is very useful. But as Brownout said, I think Airian wanted a conventional rectifier.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back