Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone home-etch a circuit board for me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magician13134

I'm sorry, I'm just having some major issues home etching a circuit board and drilling the holes... would anyone be willing to do this for me? The board is 2"x2", very simple design... I could even mail you a sheet of copper clad board (although my cheap copper may be part of the problem)

Thanks... and make sure you know, this image is at 300x300 resolution, so don't print it at this size, or it'll be huge! :eek:

**broken link removed**

magician13134 said:
I'm sorry, I'm just having some major issues home etching a circuit board and drilling the holes... would anyone be willing to do this for me? The board is 2"x2", very simple design... I could even mail you a sheet of copper clad board (although my cheap copper may be part of the problem)

Thanks... and make sure you know, this image is at 300x300 resolution, so don't print it at this size, or it'll be huge! :eek:

**broken link removed**
GEt it made at BatchPCB for $20. THat's what it woudl cost for a board this size.

Some of the gaps between tracks and pads look to me to be too small especially for home etching.

I suggest you try to run a "design rule check" in you pcb software to find the smallest gaps and increase them as much as possible otherwise you may have problems.

picasm said:
Some of the gaps between tracks and pads look to me to be too small especially for home etching.

I suggest you try to run a "design rule check" in you pcb software to find the smallest gaps and increase them as much as possible otherwise you may have problems.

Unfortunately, MSPaint doesn't have that option XP...

That's not really the problem though, those do etch, it's just the toner coming off and drilling that causes issues. I'm even worse at using Eagle... And I thinks that's necessary for a board to be professionally made

Magician - not sure where you live. I purchase PCBs from FAR Circuits that he has made up in advance for projects published in various magazines. You might contact him to see if he can help. As others have already suggested, there are a number of sources.

magician13134 said:
Unfortunately, MSPaint doesn't have that option XP...

That's not really the problem though, those do etch, it's just the toner coming off and drilling that causes issues. I'm even worse at using Eagle... And I thinks that's necessary for a board to be professionally made

I have to agree that drilling is a pill. But if you have decent vision and a drill press you can do it.

Take the time to learn Eagle. It is worth it.

Each time we talk about toner transfer I suggest using PulsarPro or P&P blue transfer paper. Someone else says they get just dandy results with mystery paper. Newbies read this and go for the mystery paper to save 2 cents per square inch (cost of the paper).

Maybe one of them will make the board for you.

You can use SMT components or even surface mound non-SMT components if you don't want to bother drilling loads of holes.

yes, I agree in hating hole-drilling. thats why I squash all my through-hole components for SMD mounting. Yes, even big caps when I'm lazy.

Whacha makin'? post your original schematic- that spacing looks tricky- eagle is great for PCBs, and is not that hard to teach yourself (I found).

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back