Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone give me a fun OP amp project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyudryu

I have a few OP amps and i dont know what to do with them(well at least most of them are OP amps):LM358P, LM311P, HA17458, 74HC107AP, and a lot more. Can someone also tell me how to make an FM radio?

Last edited:
what can't you do with an op-amp?

white noise generator:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/white-pink-noise-generator-on-a-9v-supply.105819/
im a cheeky b@st@rd. ;-)

if you have any lm386's (which are audio amps and not really op-amps) you can do a whole mess of things.

Square wave generators. Oscillators. ipod speaker amp. etc.

Check out the datasheet of the lm386 for some simple ideas.

Try the datasheet for a 741.

Or check out "ic op-amp cookbook" by Walter G. Jung.

TONS OF IDEAS AND APPLICATIONS!!!

white noise generator:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/white-pink-noise-generator-on-a-9v-supply.105819/
im a cheeky b@st@rd. ;-)

if you have any lm386's (which are audio amps and not really op-amps) you can do a whole mess of things.

Square wave generators. Oscillators. ipod speaker amp. etc.

Check out the datasheet of the lm386 for some simple ideas.

Try the datasheet for a 741.

Or check out "ic op-amp cookbook" by Walter G. Jung.

TONS OF IDEAS AND APPLICATIONS!!!

Thanks but what exactly is white noise?

Hi there,

It's the combination of blue noise, red noise, and green noise...Ok, just kidding there :)

It's a noise that sounds like a 'rushing' sound in a speaker, something like rain.
Even resistors create noise, and if you make an amplifier with enough gain you will get noise, and if you use bipolars even more noise.

Interestingly enough...
hyudryu, didn't you have the project about cell phone jamming?

When I was looking for information on white/pink noise generators, a lot of info came up about cell phone jamming and broadcasting white/pink noise at certain frequencies to cloud the signal...

I thought it was quite relevant and interesting.

What is white noise?
White noise is random noise that has a uniform power spectrum over frequency, rather like white light (limited, of course, by the bandwidth of the system). If you look at it with a spectrum analyzer, it will give the same output at all frequencies within the bandwidth (flat line).

Pink noise is white noise that is fed through a 1-pole integrator to give a noise power roll-off at 3db/octave. It's used in audio measurements, since it has uniform power in any octave of bandwidth, which makes it easier to perform audio measurements and compensation of room acoustics.

Not really... After you learn, you get jailed. Then you can't learn anymore...

I'll be honest... I have no idea what you are talking about.

But for the sake of progress... I'm not gonna get into it.

Good luck with the op-amp projects! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back