Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can opto-couplers be opened up to be light activated? (ie used for their phototransistor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd paraphrase it as "It's hardly a new idea".

Again, my point was,, atferrari only suggested it as a solution that could be implemented without ordering and waiting for a new part.

Since atferrari didnt suggest it was a new idea, There was no reason he should told he was "late" with his solution. I had to laugh at Nigel's pomposity and thought he'd understand that an apology was in order.

Get a low power transistor with the type of your preference with metallic encapsulation.

File the top carefully (that means, with patience) and you could get a useful PT. Clean the white goo inside, if any, and you are in business.

Did that with 2N2222, 2N3711 and even with a 2N3055.
You beat me to it...... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back