• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can improperly removing a Sim card lead to trying the motherboard and/or battery?

Mj119

New Member
So I had a B)u Life XL phone a couple of years ago. For whatever stupid reason, against .y better judgement I tried to remove thr sim card without taking the battery out. Sort of. It's a dual SIM phone and the main sim slot butts up against the battery, and it has to come out to insert and remove the sim card. I remember >d already had to reboot the phone several times and I was getting frustrated and impatient so I tried to, while the phone was still on, lift the battery up enough to get the sim card out, while still keeping it in contact with the terminal so the phone would stay on. It must have disconnected because the phone all of the sudden wasn't on anymore but I was pretty sure it maintained contact. So if it didn't it was only for a fraction of a second, but ever since I haven't been able to get it to turn back on. Plugging it into the computer, ABD doesn't recognize it and the computer can't see it either. Even leaving it plugged in to the computer as well as the wall for almost a week, nothing seemed to get it charged or make it come on again. The red led status light comes on which usually indicates it's charging but nothing.
Could I have fried something? Whether or not, can it be fixed? I've thought about trying to replace the battery to see if it works but I don't wanna spend .the time and money if it doesn't,. And I figure surely a new logic board will solve the problem, especially with a new battery too. But I pretty much have to get the whole phone on eBay or something and in that case I mean I may as well just use it instead of swapping parts but anyway.

I can't for the life of me figure out what hqppened, and even if I never do anything else with the phone, it drives me crazy not even knowing if it's this or that or something else that killed the damn thing
 

alec_t

Well-Known Member
Most Helpful Member
Welcome to ETO!
Could I have fried something?
Sounds as though you have :( . Even if repair is possible the cost might be high, so not worthwhile.
 

alec_t

Well-Known Member
Most Helpful Member
Accidentally short-circuiting something can cause excessive current flow, hence over-heating of components.
 

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles

Loading
Top