Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i use high amps adapter in place low amp adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashokkumar8226

:) i have power adapter which gives an output of 12v 1.0A, but i want an output of 12v .5A, can i use 12v 1.0A adapter for my equipment

Yes, The 1A rating of your adapter is the MAX current it is capable of supplying without being overloaded. If your load only draws 0.5A, the adapter will be lightly loaded. Most unregulated power adapters put out a higher voltage (14-16V) if not loaded as heavily as rated. If your adapter is voltage regulated, then the voltage will be 12V regardless of load up to the max rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back