Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone help me to design a circuit for an alarm clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bird.dodo

Hi everyone!
i am quite a new commer to the world of electronics , i am still studying for my Beng elctronics:rolleyes:.can anyone help me to build out a circuit which will be like an alarm clock for wake up in the morning? maybe one which act like a countdown and then when you know you will wake up in 7 hours , you put the timer to 7 hrs and then after the countdown , it will make some ringing sound....anyone out there to help me carrying this out? :confused: thanks...

Hi everyone!
i am quite a new commer to the world of electronics , i am still studying for my Beng elctronics:rolleyes:.can anyone help me to build out a circuit which will be like an alarm clock for wake up in the morning? maybe one which act like a countdown and then when you know you will wake up in 7 hours , you put the timer to 7 hrs and then after the countdown , it will make some ringing sound....anyone out there to help me carrying this out? :confused: thanks...

hi,:)
If you use the Forum SEARCH, for digital clocks, there are many threads.

Last edited:
Nuts and Volts magazine this month had an article on how to make a digital clock with no IC's. It had a few hundred transistors and resistors and a few caps and diodes. Pretty impressive. If you can get it at the library it would be a good read to learn how they work at the lowest level. But anyway, for practical purposes you'll want to use ICs designed for the job, you should be aware there are seven segment decoders, ICs that generate timed pulses, and even ones made to act as a real time clock ( such as the DS1307) and many others that do all sorts of things. I'm a big fan of using specialized IC's to simplify a task. Though I think it might also be possible with just a programmable microcontroller and very little else. Anyway, a simple google search will indeed show you atleast 10 versions of any of a doezen ways to do this. heres a good example: https://www.best-microcontroller-projects.com/real-time-clock-ic.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back