Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can any 1 help me change this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjer2282

I made this to put in a toy gun, it makes a clicking sound fine but i noticed it can also make a LED flash. does any 1 no how to get rid of the transformer?
forgive my diagram im not very good at this stuff yet.

Attachments

• lflash.jpg
    lflash.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 447
I've seen this circuit, and I tried myself replacing the transformer with 2 470ohm resistors, but it failed to work. I asked my college lecturer why, and he said that the transformer acts a an inductor. You can buy inductors, but they are probably just as big and expensive as the transformer. You can't easily replace it in a word.

You might want to try a 555 flasher if you really can't live with this transformer, or if you need the circuit to be compact.

Yes I do.

Just take your soldering iron, and burn the transformer and then brush the pieces into the garbage LOL

ok, I was only joking. Here's the real answer:

Do a search on a "relaxation oscillator" or a transistor flip-flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back