Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Camera FPGA PSRAM interface check

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread never seems to die lol. I got the boards back a month or two ago, and amazingly, as far as I can tell, nothing is too drastically wrong. The LTC3441 buck/boost 3.3V regulator is giving me the most trouble. I hooked it up exactly like the "Typical Application Circuit" in the datasheet (**broken link removed**, but its still not working right. I made sure to follow the recommended pcb layout in the datasheet too.

It is outputting 4.8V instead of 3.3V. When I put the circuit up to my ear, I can hear the inductor making we weird sounds (it periodically 'clicks'). I would expect it to make a constant high frequency squeal if anything. When I press my finger against any one of the resistors on the output end (340k, 200k, 15k, 1.5nF), the output voltage will drop close to 3.3V. It does cause the chip to heat up more though, and that worries me. If it didn't heat up, I wouldn't worry about sticking a rheostat in place of the resistors to try to fix the problem. Besides, shouldn't it work as is? I am quite sure that everything is soldered correctly in place. Oh, btw, if it helps, under normal conditions, the buck-boost converter causes the battery voltage to drop .02V, and when I touch the resistors, it drops up to .06V.

I am kind of at a spot, where I am reluctant to do a lot of tweaking, for a few reasons. My analog knowledge is poor, and I really do not want to burn out the chip, because replacing it would put me back a week :)

Do you have any advice about how I should proceed? It seems to be a problem with the feedback section, but I am not sure how to go about fixing it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back