Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Caller ID circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald_ng

Hello everyone,

I am doing my final year project now and need to build a caller id circuit to display the incoming call's number. Is there any circuit available online which i can apply in Malaysia? Because i know that different country may use different protocol and frequency. Thank You.

For the caller Id circuit, is it a must to program the micro-controller?? is there any method to do it in hardware without using programming?

There were Motorola caller id chips around, can't remember the designation. Also you have to know what sort of caller id is being used, the project in the post above is for a DTMF based caller id, frankly I thought all caller id was based on a 2400 baud signal Bell??

I thought all caller id was based on a 2400 baud signal Bell??

Not true - most countries do use this method (1200 baud, by the way), but some (rare) use DTMF based callerid. An interesting article can be found at **broken link removed**

Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back