Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating Schmitt Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbdsgnr

I'm trying to design a schmitt triger using a 741 opamp. Before building any circuit I thought of simulating it using multisim, but I ain't able to meet the requirements.. My goals was to let the trigger, trigger at top of 2 Volt and with a hysteresis of 1.6V it should trigger at 0.4V (bottom) too. I found these formules (see attachment) But i'm stuck... Such a simple schematic giving such problems :oops: Sorry for this stupid question :roll:

Attachments

• schematic_760.jpg
    schematic_760.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 786
Hi,
Your formula or simulator has 2 problems:
1) It assumes that the output of the opamp goes rail to rail. An old 741 opamp's output will go to about only 1V from each rail (Us).
2) The DC voltage of the circuit's reference voltage, Ui, is ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back