Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating max Freq at lower V

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reply was posted by: eng1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomslang
I have a question that might be relavent to this thread.

I'm going to use a PIC (18LF4620) at 3.3V for the first time, what is the max frequancy I can run it at? I had a look at the equation MC give in the datasheet, but it seems I am missing something as I don't get the same answer they do.

Thanks,

I calculted a maximum frequency of about 25 MHz @ 3.3 V. That should be correct according to Figure 26-3 in the datasheet. What did you get from your calculations?

I calculated it to about 11Mhz, but I am sure I'm not using the equation right. 25Mhx looks more like it. Would you be so kind to post the equation with some real world values in, and how you got to the answer.

Thanks,

Sure, I used the following equation:
f = 16.36 * (V - 2) + 4

f = 16.36 * (3.3-2) + 4 = 25.268 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back