Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cables on Offshoreplatform UL certified/Listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laizawalther

Dear all i need urgent help.

For a substation on a US Offshore platform which will be baywise assembeld as unit in europe (switching part and loacl control cubicle) the cables should be UL certified or listed?
If yes which norm should be aplicable?
Is UL 1309 neccessary also when the substion is in an airconditioned room inside the platform?

Thx for your support.

BR Laiza

I´ve already done certifications with the UL. The costs are not that high as you think but the problem is here that the UL is very slow.
Nevertheless the UL is already also involved but ... see what hapens.
For me is now important to know if you assemble this parts in europe and the room auf the substation is airconditioned not outside is the UL 1309 requried?
Or is it something in the "gray zone"? I don´t want to go with the risk. I would go with UL1309 to be on the save side but is it really required?
Or is it enough to meet the specification of the customer (where UL is not strictly required)?

Based on USA jurisdiction. You'd have to be compliant with NEC (National Electric Code) and UL regulations. There might even be a maritime governing body as well. That I'm not familiar with.

Based on USA jurisdiction. You'd have to be compliant with NEC (National Electric Code) and UL regulations. There might even be a maritime governing body as well. That I'm not familiar with.
IN the NFPA 70 i didn´t found sonething specific for offshore equipment in my special issue.
Do you have any experince?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back