Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bypassing cd4541 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper1431

I have a circuit which uses a cd4541bm timer to turn the device off after a set period of time, i wish to modify it so that it never turns the device off and am wondering the easiest way to do it without killing something else, whilst i'm competent at soldering and building/modifying circuits to instructions i'm not yet great at simply being able to know what i can safely modify without causing other issues etc.

Now my thought is can i remove pin 8(output) and pin14 (vdd) which i belive is the power in and then link the two pads on the pcb together, would that bypass the timer?

Also can anyone help explain pin 10, mode select, in laymens terms, i'm struggling to understand it's effect when either 0 or 1.
Cheers.

can i remove pin 8(output) and pin14 (vdd) which i belive is the power in and then link the two pads on the pcb together, would that bypass the timer?
If your device is active (on) when pin 8 is high (logic 1) then you should be ok. Otherwise you would need to ground the pad which pin 8 currently goes to.
can anyone help explain pin 10, mode select,
If pin 10 is 0 then the IC acts like a monostable (single pulse generator). If it's 1, then the IC acts as an astable multivibrator (square-wave oscillator).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back