Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bypassing a photoelectric cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

leesichello

Hey everyone,

I have a security light that came with a photolectric cell to turn it on at night. Unfortunately there is no manual on-off switch so i'd like to bypass the photocell with a switch. The problem is that Im not sure exactly how to properly do so. There a 3 wires- white, black and red - which i would assume are negative, positive and sensor. How should i bypass the cell?

I would assume that you don't want the automatic turn on and off. I can't get whether it's a photo reactive resistor or photodiode or a even a phototransistor. So without affecting the circuitry you can do it by hiding the face of the photocell with an opaque material. Then cut one of the power supply wire to add a switch.

Bypass???
Do you want all the time "night" or "day"?
If you want the light to be on, place a piece of back tape over the cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back