Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buzz in studio monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

blags

Hi, I have a pair of 12 years old krk v6 s2 studio monitors that are buzzing. Buzz is present with and without audio cable plugged in. Turning the input sensitivity knob does not affect the buzz, it is always present at constant volume. I have tried different power outlet, different power cable and the problem is still present. Any suggestions what can cause this buzz. Thanks.

Thank you. I will do that. Is there something that can be done to minimize the hiss? I am aware that some amount of hiss inevitable in active monitors but wanted to ask just in case..
Thanks

Hiss can be caused by using parts that are not made for low noise audio circuits. Modern audio opamps have extremely low noise spec's, much better than old transistors. Resistors made more than 50 years ago produced hiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back