Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bush CTV instruction manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olly_k

Hi folks,
Does anyone happen to have access to a user guide for a Bush 2876 NTX telly please?
I have been given this telly with remote but cannot work out how to tune the blasted thing in and can't get rid of the AV simbol in top corner of screen.... :roll: - Hidden menu or key combo??? Hotel mode or somthing???
I also can't find any info on net so any help would really be appreciated!

olly_k said:
Hi folks,
Does anyone happen to have access to a user guide for a Bush 2876 NTX telly please?
I have been given this telly with remote but cannot work out how to tune the blasted thing in and can't get rid of the AV simbol in top corner of screen.... :roll: - Hidden menu or key combo??? Hotel mode or somthing???
I also can't find any info on net so any help would really be appreciated!

Although it's probably not much help, Bush went bust something like 25-30 years ago, the name was bought by another company, but has been used on cheap imported equipment ever since (not manufacturing their own gear).

Generally it's sold through supermarkets etc. and it's usually cheap Turkish imports, so it's difficult to know what make the set actually is!.

Mostly it's not something handled by the legitimate TV trade (we don't sell it, and won't accept it for repair), so I don't know how to turn the OSD off. Usually there's a single button on the remote control to do so, on Sony's it's labeled with a picture of a TV screen with a small 'i' or '+' in the middle.

I believe Bush have a help line, you could try ringing Tesco's and asking for it?, or if you look on Teletext, page 698 on BBC2 (Engineering Information Pages) there's a list of helpline numbers for Freeview boxes, I seem to recall seeing Bush listed there!.

Thanks once again Nigel, You always come to help when knowone else can :D
There is no button for AV symbol but I can clear it by switching text on and off - I remember having a telly which involved a switch on with button held type arrangement to make channel sticky so it must be similar I guess....
Anyway got a number from Tescos as you suggested, will find out more tomorrow hopefully.
Why do people buy this crap? or maybe I should be asking, Why do I accept this crap :p :lol:
I bet the Bush name has earned some company quite a lot of money :evil:

olly_k said:
Why do people buy this crap? or maybe I should be asking, Why do I accept this crap :p :lol:

Basically you get what you pay for!, if you pay a cheap crap price, you get a cheap crap TV!. What does annoy me is 'manufacturers' selling a TV at a high price, when it's simply a cheap crap TV bought in from the same sources (mostly in Turkey) as Bush buy them from.

Something like 75% of sets sold in the EU are manufactured in Turkey, the EEC give them massive subsidies.

Notable examples (that I know of!) are Panasonic, Toshiba, and Sharp, all have sold (or are selling) cheap imported sets at premium prices.

I bet the Bush name has earned some company quite a lot of money :evil:

That's why they bought the name!.

Dixon's have done the same with the Grundig name, Grundig went bust over a year ago, but before that Dixon's bought the rights to use the name in the UK. Basically everyone knows that the Matsui name was a load of crap, so now they stick Grundig on the front instead! - same crap, but a better name!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back