Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bus register

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue6x

does anyone here knows how an 8 stage shift and store bus register, three state works... The device name particularly is HC4094F, I have very little background on bus registers and I just hope you could help me particularly that question of mine. Thanks...

Ah, the 4094, used that once to drive a LCD display using only 3 microcontroller pins.

It is a 8-bit shift register with tristate outputs.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/04/CD4094BCPDF.pdf

Pin's 8 & 16 are the power supply.
Pin 15 (OE) Tristates the parallel outputs when low, enables them when high.
Pin 1 (Strobe) Needs to be high for the part to accept a new bit to shift in - when low data is ignored.
And then it's quite simple - On a positive edge on the clock pin (3), The bit on the data pin (2) is transferred to Q1. The bit that was on Q1 is tranferred to Q2 and so on.

So, if you clock 8 times you have a complete byte on the parallel outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back