Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a Fishfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterfinn

Hello

Fishing is a hobby of mine and i would love to build a fishfinder. I was just woundering if anyone out there knows the steps i could take to build one. I know the basics on how sonar works and how the transducer sends and recieves signals, but im not to familiar in the circuit designs i would need for it. I have done many projects and I know a great deal of microcontroller and graphic LCD programming. And i have access to a lab for making pcb's. The only question i have is what type of transducer i would need and what type of circuits. Such as what type of transducers would i need?.. ultrasonic? audio?.. etc... so i just need a circuit for the transducer that i can hook my micorcontroller to. Also I have read about useing op-amps for the ampilfications for the high voltages used by the transducer. I have tried searching the internet and asked maby ppl but so far i havent really gotten anywere. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. thanx

Masterfinn

All of the sonar-based circuits I know of are limited range types - usually built to keep robots from bumping into walls.

You may find that a fish finder with a usuable range (20 feet + ?) to be a nightmare project. How about building a little fish attractor insted.

Ya this project im thinking is going to be tough.
I might just want to build a depth finder now. And just display the depth on a regular LCD display. But again i have to deal with these Transducers and ultrasonic. That design in the website is crazy. Ill have to sort it all out to see how it all works. Im still not to sure how to hook them up. Anyways though, thanx for the responce.

Mastefinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back