Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

building a 4 zone timed alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeWilde

I have a design challenge, i need to build an alarm with at least 4 zones, a waiting time before activation and has to run max with a 9 volts battery eficiently (no CMOS aparently), any help will be apriciated. :D

No one here will do Your work for You but...................

CMOS is exactly what you need as it has a negligible quiescent current drain. The over all design needs a few things.
1) Sensors, what are you trying to detect and where?
2) a timer , for entry/exit delay.
3) a code pad or key switch for activation/deactivation.
4) logic that makes the whole thing work.
5) maybe optional... A real world output that is controlled by the logic. ( I.E. a relay or optocoupler to activate a siren,lights or dialer)

what about this?
**broken link removed**

now, for the CMOS, well, i think they are the best option in your case if you want low power. i don't really see a GOOD way to get around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back