Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build simple clamp-on amp meter for 220 VAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack0987

Build simple clamp-on amp meter for 220 VAC

Want to see output of my solar panels.
Right now I have four at 250 Watts each. May want to add 12 more panels in future.
What might be the easiest way to do this?

I could perhaps use my multimeter or perhaps get a needle type amp meter.

For a clamp on meter the voltage is irrelevant within reason, current is the main issue, there are non invasive IC's etc that can be used to integrate it such as ACS712 for a couple of $$ on ebay.
OR just buy the add on attachment for you VOM (meter).
Max.

Are you wanting to read the AC lines after some sort of Grid Tie Inverter or the current coming off the panels themselves?

If it's the panels themselves that's DC current not AC so a normal inductive type camp on meter wont do anything with it.

If it's the panels themselves that's DC current not AC so a normal inductive type camp on meter wont do anything with it.

OH?????

s-l500.jpg

• DC Voltage, AC Current, AC Voltage, DC Current
  • Type
    Multimeter
  • Display
    Digital
lowest price
$13.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips