Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

brushless motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I'v been reading a bout brushless motors, are these different from steppers?

also i am wondering about the basic types, and how to control them espically these two::

1) this one is for a RC aircraft
http://site.nitroplanes.com/exceedmotors/63M18b.jpg

Note it has 3 wires, one is power, ground, signal,?right?
what is the signal i need to run this?
Also it says it is a 3500kv brushless, that doesn't really mean what it implies?
I think I have also read that some of these go up to 40amps?? is that true? how do the batteries keep up, is that why they die so fast?

2)this is from a cd rom

http://www.wrobots.com/surplus/SSC-0EE09A.JPG

Is this one dc,I noticed a few transistors in there?
How would I power this one?
Is this a stepper motor of some sort??

thnx

3500kv means the maxiumum speed it can run at is 3500rpm/volt - ie at 10 volts it could do 35,000rpm with the right timing.

Similar to steppers, just much faster.

Similar to a stepper in that you must energize the phases in a specific sequence. Similar to a servo in that you need to know where the rotor is so you know where you are in that sequence.

Look around some app notes like from Microchip for BLDC motors. It'll give you the idea of what it is you need to do.

Last edited:
OK! thnx!

so does that mean that the red + blk are vcc+gnd, and the middle is signal wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back