Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Browser Wars!!!!

What do you use as your main browser?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • FireFox

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Chrome

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konqueror

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
We all know that people love the browser that use and quite often swear by it, so we may as well have a big sticky thread with a poll on it!

My vote goes to Chrome! I really like the fact that you can login and sync the faviorites omong other computers like a laptop. Plus I think its fast and has a fun App store for games, apps and more.

What do you use and why?

Please try to keep the conversation on topic and don't get personal.

My vote is for Firefox, it's been like about 6/7 years i've started using it. I've tried Chrome, even that's good.
But, firefox has more addons. And i use opera and safari on handhelds.

Last edited:
and quite often swear by it
....or possibly swear at it! Could the poll be extended to include a vote for browsers we don't use and why?
Personally I use Firefox. Mainly from inertia, as I never got round to updating IE.

Last edited:
Between work and home I use both Firefox and MSIE. I likely prefer Firefox over MSIE but really almost 50/50. I simply have not used Chrome enough to comment on it. I guess for any given situation the "best browser" is the browser that works best for the end user using it.

Before I forget, I did use Konqueror with my Linux boxes and liked it.

Ron

Last edited:
We all know that people love the browser that use and quite often swear by it, so we may as well have a big sticky thread with a poll on it!

My vote goes to Chrome! I really like the fact that you can login and sync the faviorites omong other computers like a laptop. Plus I think its fast and has a fun App store for games, apps and more.

What do you use and why?

Please try to keep the conversation on topic and don't get personal.

I'd just like to mention, that since the last update here, the site is now working fine with IE - prior to that there were various problems with IE, as a result of which I moved to Firefox at home (I can't move at work).

My vote goes to Chrome. When I first got my computer it was running Internet Explorer, and I hated it! It was not user-friendly at all, there was a bunch of junk at the top of every page (I still have no clue what all that was), the tabs were hard to navigate, and it was as slow as death. I quickly changed to firefox, which was a little faster, didn't have as much junk, but still wasn't user-friendly. It was still kind of hard to navigate, so I decided to try Chrome. When I did, I decided I would never go back! There was absolutely no unnecessary links or buttons on the top of the page, had simple tabs right along the top, and was a LOT faster than any other browsers I've ever used! To this day I have installed it on every computer I own (except the one that can't handle it :p) and I am never going to downgrade to FF, and certainly not IE!

Der Strom

I have a feeling most of the people who have voted firefox have never even tried Chrome! :D

I've tried all three of the main ones--IE, FF, and GC--so at least my choice is educated ;)

I have a feeling most of the people who have voted firefox have never even tried Chrome! :D

I've tried all three of the main ones--IE, FF, and GC--so at least my choice is educated ;)

From an 'uneducated' point of view, I find Firefox does all ask it to do, perfectly well, its a poor workman who blames his tools.

Last edited:
I like the Ad Block Plus feature in Firefox. Firefox is my main browser.

The unfortunate thing about Chrome and Firefox is that they are not supported by all sites. Parts and service manuals for Komatsu, as just one example, only work with Explorer. As much as I dislike it, I have to keep IE on my desktop.

Somewhat similarly, Firefox is the only one that allows one to turn off "referrals." Search Tempest, which allows one to search several Craigslists within a geographic area simultaneously, requires that capability. (I have not tried it with an incognito window in Chrome.)

Thus, for practical reasons, I end up with all three.

John

IE was, obviously, the first, Opera came after and recently Chrome.

Posting in the Microchip forum with any Firefox posterior to XX? version, creates problems to the post and added code.

Tried Opera (faster) and very recently Chrome which did not work with a few of things just in the beginning (chat is one).

After using it since the beginning of MY computer era, IE, clunky by today's standards, had little lack of compatibility, if any, with sites up to now.

Using Opera to post here.

With internet banking I use IE. Many banking sites are incompatible with anything else due to security reasons (at least where I live).

Everything else is Firefox though.

IMHO Firefox's greatest attribute is Ad Block Plus. Lets me see web pages without irritating ads everywhere.

I vaguely recall visiting sites that required one to unblock the ads to see them. It is sort of like an arms race.

John

Worst thing is trying to read a newspaper online...and the site is full of rubbish ads...half the news is blocked out. With ad's on top of them.

Ad Block Plus stops that. No matter where you are located. You will never see the ad's again....Provided you tell Firefox to do it.

I literally surf the web everyday. No ad's anywhere that are not allowed by me. I hate advertising by opportunists.

Firefox rocks for me :)

Last edited:
I use several different browsers, depending on what I'm doing. You will only learn how truly annoying IE (Microsoft) is when you develop some web sites; it is the one which has never played by the conventions the others agree on. Things are quite a bit better these days, but there are still some issues.
Chrome was the one I used for every day browsing, until I started getting crashes, etc. I switched to FireFox which is working better for a time now... I do keep them all installed. Lately I get very few things to remove with spyBot Search and Destroy when using FF, more when using Chrome. But as browsers get updated, and standards change....

Anyone remember Netscape Navigator? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back