Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Browser Wars!!!!

What do you use as your main browser?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • FireFox

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Chrome

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konqueror

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is that One person who is still using IE?

I am the 1 that uses IE just to lazy to switch.
My wife is now using FireFox and said its "OK"

Oh Got it.
Firefox can import all your data from IE. It isn't difficult to changeover.

Last edited:
IE supports without any manupulation , many languages across the world. For example there is one language "TELUGU" from southern part of india. we have a local news paper on www.eenadu.net
if we try thro firefox, normally, we can see some gibberish only. but see the same in IE, the script is sown properly well. perhaps, that original script might itself look like gibberish to unacquainted people. that way IE helps many languages.

PS: Now the FF has enabled the TELUGU script. there are many languages supported by IE. whether all those are also supported by FF is to be seen.

Last edited:
I use Chrome, and the script looks fine to me, not gibberish. Although, I cannot read it.

John

I've used many browsers over the years (more than I can remember).

Currently i have three installed. One i use most of the time is still Chrome. yes it's clunky, buggy and does not work with some sites, but it is fast and i am a speed demon. one that is slightly slower but very reliable and works on everything is FireFox. IE is still on my machine because I don't find time to remove it. It is one of the useless things I like to get rid of, like MS Messenger.

MS and browser war nearly killed Mozilla but I am still thankful to MS because this is what created better browsers and - made them free of charge. How many of you remember walking into a computer store, picking browser from the software shelf and paying for it?

I also have all three installed. IE is not totally useless. I have found several manufacturers whose on-line parts catalogs only work with IE, not with FF or Chrome.

John

Firefox primarily, Brave second. I don't remember the last time I used anything else other than at work where I am forced to use windows with IE

this is a bit of an old thread, but i'm not the first this year to exhume it....
in addition to Firefox, i also occasionally use Lynx (a text based browser), because Lynx can use protocols like gopher and wais that are no longer in firefox. interestingly, gopher has been "rediscovered" in the last 2 years, and there's still a lot of content out there.

Im on Opera with my old Nokia 311. Old but good. Now im gonna sleep before the stupids here start being noisy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back