Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

British Weather! Arrrrrgh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

I've been wanting to tint the windows on my Land Rover Discovery for some time, and I decided that this bank holiday weekend would give me the time I needed to do it. Friday was a lovely afternoon, so I decided to get started on the back windows. I took the two rear side windows out and set about tinting them.

Then, to my utter horror, it went dark. I thought, why has it gone dark???

I went outside, and the warm, fine day which had previously promised a good time to take windows out was gone. Replaced instead by thick, black rolling clouds and... wait for it... the first heavy drops of rain. OH NO!!!!!

I thought ok, don't panic. It's just a shower. I returned inside and finished tinting the windows, but the rain wouldn't let up. Infact, it was getting worse!

I ended up outside in the pouring rain cursing like mad as I tried to get my windows to fit back in. The rubber insualtion got wet and gripped hard, and that was pretty much it - they wouldn't go in.

Why did it have to rain?? It was such a nice day!!! I'm going to emmigrate I swear.

Brian

It was soo hot last month, why couldn't we have had the warmth more evenly spread through out the summer?

You're lucky, only a little afternoon shower. I'm looking at a huricane sometime next week... Which kind of sux, as I'm on vacation the following week.

Even if this one passes us by, we still get high winds, severe thunderstorms, an tornados...

Fingers crossed for the 9th of next month in my part of the world ,
last years street fayre was a bit damp shall we say, and the bedraggled rain soaked visitors and locals alike were making the best of it... Then the heavens really opened up, if you have ever seen the fight between agent Smith and Neo in the third "Matrix" movie, well that was a light drizzle.
Storm rains overloaded the drains and water flowed several inches deep in the high street, small children and daschunds were lifted to safety, storeholders gathered wares from the tables outside thier shops and retreated inside, only to rush out again as the sewage system backed up then disgourged its contents. With the "Red Lion" pub begining to flood it was about this time the police decided to order an evacution of the town centre.

I thought it rained in Wales more than anywhere else in Britain??

We're on holiday as of tomorrow so I hope the weather gets a bit better!

Brian

That's true the further west you go the wetter it gets but there agin winters are milder as you get more rain and less snow.

So far, I've been very lucky with the huricanes (been through a dozen or so). I've got a good sturdy concrete house and flat roof. Considering how some evacuation went in the past, they would have to drag me out of my house to get me to leave. Fortunately, Ernesto (the current storm) was downgraded to tropical storm and about to cross Cuba (like Castro doesn't have enough problems).

Here in Aus, we can have a look at the weather radar via the internet. Have a look at **broken link removed** At the moment we have some showers which is good news as it hasn't rained for a few months and it hasn't rained properly for over 3 years!

Mike.

its a bad idea to tint outside anyways due to dust. If you want a good job, do it in doors in a very clean environment. That's why I pay someone to do the tint jobs. I'm paying for their clean environment.

OTOH, you might not care how yours turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back