Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bringing V and I in phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to sound like a broken record, but none of this will work if your triac load is less than its holding current.

I am not sure about the programing problem. Its not my field of expertise. I am an analog person mostly. Analog has infinite points between each half of the wave.

Any way to change the base timing system to a much smaller number instead of Milli seconds? With micro seconds you would have 0 to 5000 count.

And if your load is on average small you may run into the problem mneary is saying about not having enough load to get proper triac functioning to occur too.

Actually tcmtech, the points aren't infinite, there's a discrete limit on the transference of energy =) Quantum theory 101 =)

Well lets not get into quantum theory.

A wise person told me once when you deal with quantum theroy its like meeting a person that says he has a time machine. You may believe he is lying but if he really does have one do you want to take the chance of pissing him off and thusly giving him reason to erase you from existance? :eek::confused::p:D:)

Theory and reality get rather wierd at the quantum level. Dont question it, you may not like the results. Even if you chose to not believe what you think you just heard or saw it could still mess you up, or not. It goes both ways some times. ;)

I got a time machine. Want to argue with me? ;)
The last five guys lost the argument but from your point of view they never existed so how can you really know they existed unless you trust my saying so!:)

If this does not sound logical its because its quantum level based!:D

I just like to point out the not so obvious tcm. I don't deal with quantum reality at all. I do however know it's there =) I'm gonna go open a wormhole now and blow up your time machine.

You shouldn't have told me! Now I am already there waiting! :confused:;)
Causality loops be dammed! :D

PS. The black hole based worm hole backfires you may want to try something else. :p

Time machine 1
Worm hole 0

Actually I was thinking of a super massive rotating toroidal ring warp generator. If you like sci-fi with a twist read the book "Dragon's Egg" by Robert Forward. Hardcore sci-fi meets great plot with cool aliens =) There was a good sequel called Starquake as well.
It's about life developing on a neutron star and since it's nuclear instead of molecular physics involved they live incredibly faster than us so while we visit the neutron we help them develop and they then surpass us completely in technology.
Dragon's Egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back