Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

breathing circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioniC187

Hey guys, has anyone made this circuit?
**broken link removed**
I have made it and i do not get the waveform that was to be expected.
Any other circuits similar to this that works?

I am too tired to guess. What waveform do you get? Where did you measure it?

John

I am too tired to guess. What waveform do you get? Where did you measure it?

John

lol. I think he is looking for a ramp. When he said breathing circuit, I thought he meant it measured respiratory rate or something.

It's not a proper triangle wave form, i measured from the capacitor. I'm fiddling around with some stuff, will post feedback if i get a working circuit

It will never be a proper triangle wave, because you are measuring the charging of a capacitor through a resistor. That is what the link shows.

What component values did you use? There are great 555 simulators on the Internet, as well as LT Spice. After all of these years, it is unlikely the 555 is not working properly. The most likely explanations are that you are getting exactly what you should be getting for the values you used, or you wired it up incorrectly. That is why seeing the waveform you are getting and knowing the component values you used is important.

John

That circuit will be affected drastically by any changes in the transistor gain, and any change in temperature. If you want to use it, you'll probably have to stuff around selecting the appropriate value for R4.

You could always just drive the LED using a Sziklai pair connected to the capacitor (and don't forget the LED series resistor).

Yes, I agree that the "amplifier transistor" is simply an on-off switch.
Also, you cannot fade-in and fade-out the brightness of an LED with a voltage triangle waveform. It must be a current triangle waveform instead.

Hmmm, are there any other ways using pnp transistors? What you suggested seems bulkier than i anticipated :), but thanks though

Hmmm, are there any other ways using pnp transistors? What you suggested seems bulkier than i anticipated :), but thanks though
The circuit can also use PNP transistors if it is wired correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back