Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the maximum current a breadboard can handle?

i was wondering because i wanted to build a Leach Amp: Leach Amp Plans - Part 1

would it be possible to build this on breadboard safely or do i need a pcb board?

hi,
Looking at the parts list, it shows some power transistors, so I would not recommend a breadboard.

id say try to avoid useing a bread board if you can. but, to be honest, i dont know what would happend if you did, might just get a little hot. or it could cause somthing really bad to happen. so just avoid useing it.

Although Eric is right in what he's saying, if all you want to do is test it at low powers, it's possible to use a breadboard but to perform a full power test, you need a proper PCB.

Although Eric is right in what he's saying, if all you want to do is test it at low powers, it's possible to use a breadboard but to perform a full power test, you need a proper PCB.

hi hero,
The Power transistors are TO3 style cases, I would not recommend pushing the TO3 pins into a breadboard.

Perhaps the OP is building this power amp out of interest only, but I am sure there are more modern devices that will give the same result and be a lot easier to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back