Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard... blehg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbscottle

Just spent 2nd half day building a (6 ic + 3 tranny) circuit on solderless breadboard, ran out of space, two soic's are connected by having bits of ribbon cable soldered to them, plugged in the wires where they would fit... damn thing doesn't work. Doh! Simulates OK, so its probably something I did.
Now I will have to tear it down and build and test one small bit at a time. At least I've found a 5v wall wart now. Gnnggggg...
What I could do with is making the transistorey bits into sub-circuits I can plug in. PITA whatever way I look at it :banghead:
Invented a way to make a so23 have leads - tiny square of copperclad with a T shaped cut in it. Solder the so23 to that, solder on wires. Sorted. (Because that is the only P-channel mosfet I have)

I have spent ages working on breadboard only to find the contacts had relaxed on some of the pins causing the circuti not to work, this is after I'd spent 2 hours staring at the pc screen and changing my pic code umpteen times.
Breadboard is good for some things but it can leg you up.

Yeah I generally use it to test out ideas or simple circuits. Trying anything complex is definitely folly, but I don't have much option at the moment. Found a huge improvement when I started using stranded wire for the connections instead of solid wire. Harder to plug in, but much more reliable contact.

If that power supply had the transformer and perhaps a case I'd have maybe bought it.
I have bought two of these so that I have a plus & negative supply.
They were 47 Euros when I bought them. Very happy I did.
https://www.banggood.com/CPS-3205-0...stable-DC-Power-Supply-110V220V-p-934530.html

Nice, but one of the main reasons for ordering the kit was for the fun of building it :D

Problem with ordering more expensive items (as the PSU above) is that in the UK they get subjected to VAT, import tax, plus a charge for collecting the extra money!.

Nigel, did you see this before ordering?
**broken link removed**

Yes, but I preferred the small combined one I ordered.

I'm addicted to BangGood. I check it every day for new arrivals.

Same here :D

You say combined but they are separate. I mean the power supply & display together assembled for the price of the supply alone. (could I have said that more awkwardly?)

I like the kits too. I built the ten watt amp, clock, tester, zapper, clap switch, etc.
I wish they had a cool xtal set or two with everything, good rf generator, ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back