Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bose Lifestyle 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

flux

Hey guys,

As a preface-I know very little about electronics. I own a dated model of the Bose Lifestyle home surround sound system (1996) and it has worked wonderfully until this year. On the back of the receiver there are numerous audio outs and ins, and from what I can tell, it seems as though none of the red plug-ins work, whereas all of the white plug-ins seem to be functional. I have it pulled apart and was hoping to find a fuse or something simple that I could replace-however there are no visible fuses. I was trying to avoid taking it to a repair shop- any pointers or tips? Obviously from what you can tell, I don't know many technical aspects of this, so layman-friendly instructions would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

Red is the right channel and white is the left. Sounds like the right channel is blown. Do you have a schematic to post?

Bose

In many cases, resoldering the PCB around the jacks will solve your problem. Good Luck..

Last edited:
Plug in some headphones and check if you have audio in both ears, if you have, its possible that the problem lies within the speaker protection circuitry.
Try playing the radio or cd also during the test, that way you can tell if the problem only lies with the external inputs or if it is common to the whole amp.

rgds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back