Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost Converter Module Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working through a design that will have a pair MC33172 opamps powered by 0 and 35V from a Boost Converter (**broken link removed**). I was checking current loads and realized the only thing connected to the boost converter will be the opamps and they only draw 300uA each. Will the 600uA load keep the XL6009 based boost converter stable (for lack of a better word)? Or do I need to look at adding a sacrificial load.

You'll probably need a minimum load. The lighter the load, the shorter the pulse width, until it is too short for the rest of the electronics to handle. Start with 10% of the full rated output current.

I love All Electronics from back in the day, but when they resell modules from ebay their prices are pretty high and they charge shipping. You have the part in less than a week, but you're paying 5x - 10x.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back