Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth outgoing caller id needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyjer

I am working on a project where the device will display the phone number you are dialing as you dial it via bluetooth. I can purchase an incoming caller id, but want one that displays the phone number of the outgoing call. I want to use the existing cell phone microphone and speaker for the conversation, aka, no bluetooth headset device; just bluetooth capturing of the phone number dialed.

I am well versed in microcontrollers, pic chips, etc... but am a total novice at bluetooth. If I can get assistance with bluetooth part, I can take the outbound serial data and format it into a display. The hope is a dashboard display so you can dial your cell phone without taking you eyes off the road.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated including project boards to purchase, code examples, and anything else to help me figure out how to capture the outgoing phone number from a cell phone via bluetooth and convert it into serial or audible data. Serial would be preferred, but I can convert audio data via DTMF code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back