Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Black Horizontal Lines On My Sharp LCD TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewkes2138

I have a Sharp LCD TV Model Number LC-C4662U that my 2 year old threw a ball at the screen. Small horizontal lines developed at the locations the ball hit the screen and has since grown horizontally across most of the screen. The lines are on the screen can be seen when the TV is turned on with a black screen (no picture) but more of a grey color when the screen is black. When a picture is on the screen it is black/grey in color. I can still see color behind the horizontal lines if I am looking closely. Does anyone know what is wrong and if I can fix this problem?

Last edited:
The LCD matrix or backlight difuser is cracked, there's going to be no practical way of fixing it.

Last edited:
They might, they might not, depends on exactly where the failure occurred if it's just an air bubble or if there's an actual fracture in one of the substrates. It's really not worth thinking about, either deal with it or buy a new TV. This is why getting the extended no questions asked warranty on a decent TV is a good idea. The typical manufacturers warranty is less than useless.

Thanks for the information Sceadwian. Though it was not what I wanted to hear I really appreciate your respons. Have a good Holiday Season.

And you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back