Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Binary Watch diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for a new watch and found the Matrix Binary Watch. I thought that was a cool idea and wanted to make one with LED's instead. I am just taking a guess that some one here might have already checked this out. I wanted to know if you guys think it is posable to do this in a watch size? If you know any diagrams or sites that talk about this that would be great.

Thanks,
Kyle

Using digits like that watch, or just an LED on or off?

Either way, it would be hard because you would need a couple of batteries to have enough voltage to drive the LED's (1.5V wouldn't do it, you'll need 3V to overcome the Vf.), plus batteries won't last very long driving LEDs. Unless you want to do like the olden days where you had to press a button to check the time. Finally, LEDs that small, though they exist, may be hard to discern individually from a distance. Then there's the soldering...

Other than that, they electronics are very simple...

That would be a cool looking thing on the wrist, tho, wouldn't it, with the LEDs? Wouldn't wear it to an airport though! He he.

j.

I found some Surface Mount LED's that would be small enough. The voltage I dont really know about.

Code:
The LED information is this.

|   If   |   Iv   |   Vf    |
|  (mA)  |  (mcd) | typ/max |
|--------|--------|---------|
|   20   |  17.0  | 1.7/2.0 |

What type of battery am I looking at to run 20 of those? It is not 2.0*20 is it? I cant find any info on building a binary clock like this with 20 LED's, if any one knows a place were I can get a schematic for building a clock that way it would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Kyle

LifeForce4 said:
I found some Surface Mount LED's that would be small enough. The voltage I dont really know about.

Code:
The LED information is this.

|   If   |   Iv   |   Vf    |
|  (mA)  |  (mcd) | typ/max |
|--------|--------|---------|
|   20   |  17.0  | 1.7/2.0 |

What type of battery am I looking at to run 20 of those? It is not 2.0*20 is it? I cant find any info on building a binary clock like this with 20 LED's, if any one knows a place were I can get a schematic for building a clock that way it would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Kyle

20 of those would require 400mA at 2V. Even a big camcorder battery would expire within a few hours.

What if I do a pushbutton to turn it on and off? Could I get away with a normal watch battery(s)?

John Sorensen

....Unless you want to do like the olden days where you had to press a button to check the time....

I found this one watch that has 72 LED's on it made in Tokyo, Japan.

https://www.tokyoflash.com/pimp.htm

I will keep looking for LED's that will work, but in the mean time can some one tell me if they ever saw an LED binary clock schematic online? I found two clock Kits but I rather just have a schematic.

Thanks,
Kyle

heres my guess how the clock would work: (note clock input needs to give a high pulse every second. would involve a crystal ocillator circuit i think)(also the swiches may need to be debounced)

**broken link removed**

metal detector

sir,
our project is related to sugar industry. we have to detect a metal on a conveyor belt by an inductive type sensor (we also have to design the inductive sensor) plz help us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back